Security Keys (FIDO U2F)
Users can protect their TokenIQ vault with FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) compatible hardware
security keys, including YubiKey, which provides secure and easy two-factor authentication (2FA).
Security Keys are configured on the TokenIQ Web Vault or TokenIQ Desktop App.
To activate 2FA using Security keys, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “More” -> “Settings” and then “Security” tab.
2. Setup and activate a standard 2FA method. This will be used as a backup method when your Security Key is not supported or not available.
3. Click on “Setup” under the “Security Keys” section.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts and give your Security Key a name and click on “Register”.
5. If your Security Key has a button or gold disc (e.g. Yubico), press the button to register.